The deadline for the third issue of our zine ‘Oxford is My Home’ is 11 May! You have less than a week to get your stories, poems, and images to us, so to help you on your way, we are putting out a prompt a day to get your creative juices flowing. Click here for more information about the zine and submitting your work to us
A Strange Conversation
For strange times, why not try a nonsense poem. Imagine you were interviewing a stranger about what it is like to live in self-isolation. Write down all the questions you might like to ask them. Then answer them yourself!
- Write down a list of 8 questions which you could ask someone to understand their experience of lockdown (we have some ideas to start you off).
- Answer each questions using exactly 8 words. If you fancy more of a challenge, rhyme your answers with an A, B, A, B, C, D, C, D structure.
- Now mix up each question with a different answer from your list.
- You can also try a different version where you remove all of the questions, and shape your poem just from the answers.
If you are with someone else you can also try this version.
- Each person writes the 8 questions they would like to ask.
- Swap your pages and answer the other person’s question using exactly 8 words.
- Then mix all the questions and answers up to create two zany poems.