To run the library during regular opening hours at The Community Works
- Greeting and welcoming browsers and readers
- Helping readers find books
- Checking books in and out
- Selling things from our little shop
Skills and abilities needed
- to have a friendly and welcoming manner
- to enjoy helping others
- to be able to work in a team with other library volunteers
- a knowledge of poetry is helpful but certainly not required and can be picked up on the job
Timings and Locations
- The library is open at The Community Works, 21 Park End St (OX1 1HU)
- We are open from 12pm – 3pm on Fridays and Saturdays. Volunteers can sign up for a 1.5 hour shift, or the full 3 hours on any Friday or Saturday.
- There is scope to increase our opening hours based on volunteer availability
Volunteers are welcome to sign up for any shift or double-shift, as often as they like.
Sound good? Not sure and want more information?
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form here to find out more.