To run the library at our various market and regular pop-up appearances
- Greeting and welcoming browsers and readers
- Helping readers find books
- Checking books in and out
- Selling things from our little shop
- If desired, cycling the library out to location to set up for the market appearances and packing away after
Skills and abilities needed
- to have a friendly and welcoming manner
- to enjoy helping others
- to be able to work in a team with other library volunteers
- a knowledge of poetry is helpful but certainly not required and can be picked up on the job
Timings and Locations
- Weekend mornings
- Our current regular market and pop-up appearances are:
- Silvie Cafe, Iffley Road 10.30am-12.30pm (1st Sunday of the month)
- East Oxford Farmers and Community Market, 10am – 1pm (2nd Saturday of the month)
- South Oxford Farmers and Community Market, 9.30am – 12pm (3rd Sunday of the month)
Volunteers are welcome to sign up for part or all of each appearance, as often as they like.
Sound good? Not sure and want more information?
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form here to find out more.