- To assist at our regular or one-off poetry workshops
- To provide an enjoyable experience for attendees (with an awareness in particular of participants who may not be familiar with poetry, or are new to creative writing)
- To help deliver fun and interactive sessions for poetry-related workshop activities, depending on the needs of the session
- To assist in running sessions by directing activities and supervising participants. In the past this has included such activities as cut-up poetry, sock-puppet making, zine-making, collective poetry-writing, and beyond. We are always open to and interested in new and creative ways to encourage people to explore poetry!
Skills and abilities needed
- to enjoy helping others
- to be able to work in a team with other volunteers
- a creative and flexible attitude
- Safeguarding support is also available, as many of our regular workshop sessions involve working with vulnerable adults
Timings and Locations
Various locations and timings, including one-off sessions (in the past we have run ad hoc sessions such as a nature-walk and poetry workshop for children based on The Lost Words by Robert Macfarlane and Jackie Morris, or a ‘Recycle a Poem’ workshop with various upcycling poetry activities as part of the Oxfordshire Reuses festival).
Sound good? Not sure and want more information?
Drop us an email at email@example.com or fill in the form here to find out more.